The following issues are currently known:
- [Windows version only]: In certain circumstances (if unregistered or expired PDF databases are present),
creating a newly installed and registered PDF database after automatic detection at program startup may fail,
causing an error message "Selected PDF RDB product not found".
As a work-around, please answer "No" when you are asked if you would like to create a new reference database from a newly detected PDF version at startup. When Match! is running, open the reference database library (menu "Database / Select/create reference database"), and press the "Create" button, in order to create the new reference database.
- [Windows version only]: The indexing of older PDF databases (releases before 2019) may stop at 79%, showing an error
message like "Error when reading table tbl_Pressure".
- If a mixed wavelength (e.g. Cu Kalpha) was set, the Miller indices (hkl) displayed in the pattern graphics were wrong.
- The crystallite size standard is reset e.g. if the "Estimate crystallite size" dialog was closed and re-opened, or if peak data (like the FWHM) were edited.
- Leading zero intensity data points in a diffraction data file were ignored (trimmed).
- The fonts in the online help sometimes are too small (e.g. on macOS) and could not be resized e.g. using the "Zoom in/out" function.
- The online help does not open on Linux 64-bit.
All of the problems mentioned above will be fixed in the next version 3.8.2 that we are currently working on.
For the current, you can download a corresponding pre-release version
in which at least some of these issues have already been resolved.