Download Match! Pre-release Version
On this page you can download the most recent pre-release version of the Match! software.
Please note that this version has not been officially released and may still contain
bugs or other inconsistencies! The
current official version can
be downloaded from here.
The most recent version is 220.127.116.11 (created July 14, 2020).
In order to update your Match! version 3 installation to this most recent version please perform the following steps:
If Match! is running, please save any open documents and close the program.
- Please DO NOT uninstall the previous version before installing the new version! Instead, simply
install the new version on top of the existing version. This is important to make sure that your license
file is retained.
Download the installer file for your platform from below and uncompress ("unzip") it if necessary.
Make sure that you have administrator privileges on multi-user systems,
then run the installer by double-clicking on it. More details about this topic are given in the
platform-specific "Readme" files that are also available from the Download page.
Follow the steps in the installer until it has finished, then restart Match!.
Check whether the update was successful by selecting "About Match!" from
the "Help" menu.
Enhancements compared to current official version
- Your license will now be registered on your local computer, whereafter your license file will be removed from the Match! program directory. As a result, your license file cannot be copied anymore without authorization.
- Once it has been registered successfully, your license file will no longer be required when running Match! on this computer in the future.
- If you install Match! version 3.11 (or later) as an update (i.e. your license file is already present in the Match! program directory), the license registration will be performed automatically during the installation. If you purchase a new license for Match! and copy the license file into the Match! program directory, the registration needs to be performed manually, by once running Match! as an administrator. You will be reminded to do so by a corresponding message when you run Match!.
- You can unregister your license from your computer, e.g. by uninstalling Match! or by running a corresponding terminal command.
- When exporting the pattern graphics to a file, you can now adjust the quality (and hence the size of the file) in the "Define graphics size" dialog.
- In the status bar at the bottom, the number of decimals used for the display of the 2theta value is now adapted to the resolution (step size) of your diffraction data (either 2, 3 or 4 decimals are displayed).
- You can now display and maybe adjust the search-match option 'Restrict FoM calculation to exp. range' by clicking on the corresponding orange-colored bars below the 2theta-axis.
- If an "Automatic divergence slit" (ADS) to "fixed slit" (FDS) conversion has been carried out when importing raw diffraction data, this is now mentioned in the report.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- [Linux version only] The following issue has been fixed: An error message "Match! cannot be run on this computer" was displayed during the installation. When run manually, Match! displayed an error message like "/opt/Match3/./Match: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol: FT_Done_MM_Var"
- All further currently known bugs have been fixed.