Download Match! Pre-release Version
On this page you can download the most recent pre-release version of the Match! software.
Please note that this version has not been officially released and may still contain
bugs or other inconsistencies! The
current official version can
be downloaded from here.
The most recent version is 184.108.40.206 (created June 25, 2019).
In order to update your Match! version 3 installation to this most recent version please perform the following steps:
If Match! is running, please save any open documents and close the program.
- Please DO NOT uninstall the previous version before installing the new version! Instead, simply
install the new version on top of the existing version. This is important to make sure that your license
file is retained.
Download the installer file for your platform from below and uncompress ("unzip") it if necessary.
Make sure that you have administrator privileges on multi-user systems,
then run the installer by double-clicking on it. More details about this topic are given in the
platform-specific "Readme" files that are also available from the Download page.
Follow the steps in the installer until it has finished, then restart Match!.
Check whether the update was successful by selecting "About Match!" from
the "Help" menu.
Enhancements compared to current official version
- Using the new menu command "Database / Add entry(s) to user database" (also available in the "Entries" menu as well as in the candidate list context menu) you can add the currently marked (or all) reference database entries to a user database file. Please note that ICDD PDF and ICSD entries are not copied.
- New menu command "Database / Add peaks to user database" (also available in the "Peaks" menu) adds the current experimental peak data as a new entry to a certain Match! user database file (*.mtu)
- New menu command "File / Combine / Combine user databases (*.mtu)" (also available in the "Database" menu as well as in the User Database Manager) combines several user database files in one new file.
- New menu command "File / Combine / Combine answer set files (*.mta)" creates a single Match! answer set file from several user selected mta-files in a certain directory.
- New batch script command "export_peak_data(filename, format)"; available formats:
- DDIF2: Peak list (2 columns: d-value I) (*.dif)
- THDIF2: Peak list (2 columns: 2theta I) (*.dif)
- DDIF3: Peak list (3 columns: d-value I FWHM) (*.dif)
- THDIF3: Peak list (3 columns: 2theta I FWHM) (*.dif)
- PKS: Stoe peak data (*.pks)
- The dialog "Estimate crestallite size using Scherrer's formula" can now be resized.
- The maximum number of entries that can be displayed in the candidate list has been increased to 100.000 (instead of 1.000), with a new factory settings default of 10.000 entries (instead of 200).
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- [Windows version only]: A bug due to which creating a new reference database by clicking on the "Create" button in the reference database library caused a false error message "Unable to load ICDD PDF database library 'oemstartup.dll'." to be displayed if no ICDD PDF database product was installed has been fixed.
- Due to a bug, Stoe raw data files could not be imported under certain conditions.