Download Match! Pre-release Version
On this page you can download the most recent pre-release version of the Match! software.
Please note that this version has not been officially released and may still contain
bugs or other inconsistencies! The
current official version can
be downloaded from here.
The most recent version is 126.96.36.199 (created November 13, 2019).
In order to update your Match! version 3 installation to this most recent version please perform the following steps:
If Match! is running, please save any open documents and close the program.
- Please DO NOT uninstall the previous version before installing the new version! Instead, simply
install the new version on top of the existing version. This is important to make sure that your license
file is retained.
Download the installer file for your platform from below and uncompress ("unzip") it if necessary.
Make sure that you have administrator privileges on multi-user systems,
then run the installer by double-clicking on it. More details about this topic are given in the
platform-specific "Readme" files that are also available from the Download page.
Follow the steps in the installer until it has finished, then restart Match!.
Check whether the update was successful by selecting "About Match!" from
the "Help" menu.
Enhancements compared to current official version
- The search-match calculation based on marked peaks has been improved significantly.
- New graphics option "Show uncorrelated peaks" displays a light-orange rectangle in the background of those experimental peaks that have not been assigned to identified phases yet. The width of the rectangles corresponds to the peak correlation window (which can be adjusted in the Search-Match options).
- New / modified keyboard shortcut: "View / Pattern / Uncorrelated peaks" = Ctrl+Shift+K
- The command "Peak search" is now also present on top of the "Peaks" menu, in addition to the "Pattern / Peak searching" sub menu.
- You can now paste diffraction patterns that are given as text (not as graphics) data (e.g. a table) in the clipboard as a new experimental diffraction pattern into the current document, by pressing or using the "Edit / Paste" command from the menu.
- It is now possible to export profile diffraction data of additional experimental patterns directly from their pattern menus.
- The saving and loading of settings to/from files has been improved.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- Due to a bug, the program sometimes crashed e.g. when zooming in if logarithmic scaling of the intensity/counts axis was used by default.
- On some Ubuntu 18.04 systems the program window was black due to some runtime library or graphics driver incompatibility issue.
- When clicking on some element group buttons (e.g. "A") in the periodic tabel (restraints tab), the changes were sometimes not applied to the Candidate list contents.
- The program crashed if the option "Mark first entry after search-match calculation" was active and Match! could not find any matching phases during the search-match calculation.
- A bug causing a corruption of some index files when adding entries to the current reference database has been fixed.