Download Match! Pre-release Version
On this page you can download the most recent pre-release version of the Match! software.
Please note that this version has not been officially released and may still contain
bugs or other inconsistencies! The
current official version can
be downloaded from here.
The most recent version is 184.108.40.206 (created April 11, 2019).
In order to update your Match! version 3 installation to this most recent version please perform the following steps:
If Match! is running, please save any open documents and close the program.
- Please DO NOT uninstall the previous version before installing the new version! Instead, simply
install the new version on top of the existing version. This is important to make sure that your license
file is retained.
Download the installer file for your platform from below and uncompress ("unzip") it if necessary.
Make sure that you have administrator privileges on multi-user systems,
then run the installer by double-clicking on it. More details about this topic are given in the
platform-specific "Readme" files that are also available from the Download page.
Follow the steps in the installer until it has finished, then restart Match!.
Check whether the update was successful by selecting "About Match!" from
the "Help" menu.
Enhancements compared to current official version
- New Restraints and "additional entries" selection criteria: strong lines, pressure, temperature
- New menu command "Search / Strongest lines (Hanawalt)" (keyboard short )
- New options on "Graphics" tab of the "Options" dialog: You can now toggle the display of the peaks of candidate list ("reference") entries as well as match list entries separately.
- New option on "Batch" tab of the "Options" dialog: If the wavelength is not given in an imported diffraction data file and the option "When importing, use default wavelength if information is missing in the file" is active, the default wavelength (as defined on the "General" tab) will be used automatically (instead of asking the user).
- The current status of the profile fitting options "fit peak position", "fit intensity" and "fit FWHM" is now stored in the Match! document.
- The XRDML import function has been modified.
- New COD reference database release REV214414 (29.03.2019)
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- Due to a bug, the user level settings (tab "Batch" of the "Options" dialog) were not saved and restored correctly to/from a file when using the "Tools/Export settings to file" and "Tools/Import settings from file" commands.
- A bug due to which the calculated profile was much too low when importing peak data using the menu command "Peaks / Import from file" has been resolved.
- When adding peaks manually, the intensity sometimes was detected much too low.
- In data sheets, the copying of selected text is now possible again.
- In certain circumstances, the peak data and pattern graphics in data sheets could deviate significantly from the main peak list and pattern graphics. The reason was a bug when reading the isotropic displacement parameters of the atoms from the database.
- A bug caused severe issues when deleting entries from the reference database, e.g. inconsistencies and even crashes of the program.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed as well.