Endeavour Version 1.5 has been released
The new version 1.5 of Endeavour has been released on June
29, 2007 and contains several improvements.
Its most prominent new feature is that advanced users now have more influence on
the structure solution results due to a large variety of "advanced settings", e.g.
flexible molecules, jump widths, peak triangles, Simulated Annealing parameters etc. The new options are available by clicking the "Advanced settings..." button
in the structure solution wizard.
Besides this, the following functions have been introduced or enhanced:
- More security due to an optional automatic correction of 2theta error (zero point).
- Automatic checking of peak correlations (optional, active by default).
- A separate command to open a molecule structure file to avoid misleading when solving
a crystal structure that contains molecules. ("File/New
Molecule..."; the first has been renamed to "File/New Structure Solution".)
- Acrobat Reader (PDF) references are now available for kernel scripting language
and structure data file formats from the Help menu.
- New desktop design like in Diamond 3 (menus, toolbars, configuration list, data
Endeavour customers should either use the online update function (cf. "Help/Online
Update") or download the update to version 1.5 from our Update
The demonstration version, which can be downloaded free-of-charge,
now runs in full-featured mode, i.e. without any restrictions, for 60 days, comparable