New Match! version 3.15 (Build 258)
March 23, 2023
We have just released the new version 3.15 (Build 258) of Match!, our software for phase analysis using powder diffraction data. The new version offers dark mode also on Windows and Linux. In the Linux version, a severe problem has been fixed that prohibited the installation on many distributions. The new version also provides other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Here is the full list of improvements in the new version:
- Dark mode is now also available on Windows 10 or 11 as well as Linux PCs.
- New command line parameter "reset_all_settings" can be used to reset all Match! settings (incl. reference databases) to their factory values. This may be useful if Match! crashes at program startup due to incorrect settings or problems with the current reference database.
- When exporting an indexing solution (cell and space group) from the "Indexing Results" window to a CIF-file, the reflection data (_refln_index_h, _refln_index_k, _refln_index_l etc.) are now also written, in addition to the peak data (_pd_peak_d_spacing and _pd_peak_intensity).
- [macOS] Match! for macOS now requires at least macOS 10.13 "High Sierra" (or later).
- Several issues have been resolved:
- Due to a bug, Match! could not be installed on several Linux distributions.
- Opening a diffraction data file where the file name contained 2-byte characters could cause Match! to stop working or crash.
- A bug that caused Match! to run both the evaluation as well as the licensed version in parallel when installing a license file at program startup of the still valid evaluation version has been fixed.
- Due to another bug, CIF-files that contained "data_"-statements inside multiple line information blocks (framed by ";" characters) could not be read.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed as well.
Match! version 3 users should check their update permission time (e.g. in "Help / About Match!") and then
download and install the new version from here.
Match! Demo Version and Information
If you are new to Match! and would like to learn more about it, please
visit the Match! web page.
where you can also download a full-featured (time-limited) demonstration version free-of-charge.