Diamond Version 5.0 released
October 25, 2023
Today, the long awaited new version 5 of our software package Diamond has been released.
The most outstanding new feature is the Exploration View, which enables to study (strong) bonds as well as H-bonds and non-bonding contacts
when checking for neighbouring atoms and molecules.
A bond (or contact or H-bond, rsp.) can be added or removed by clicking the checkmark in the distance table or shifting the boundary in the histogram
or by clicking on the bond/contact in the structure picture graphics.
Exploration of H-bond spheres, sample 7106313 from Crystallography Open Database. Click on image for original size.
More prominent improvements and new functions are:
- New commands Take Picture and Continue With New Picture for an improved workflow when creating multiple pictures for a structure data set.
- More Pictures docking window and Caption Bar to complement the navigation in a document with multiple pictures.
- The Take Image command for taking single images (snapshots) and drop them into the image buffer and save them later or create a video sequence from.
- A tool to import Registry settings from version 4 into version 5.
- New file import and export commands to complement "Open" and "Save As".
- A new version of the Crystallography Open Database (COD).
For more details, see What's New in Diamond Version 5.
The update to Diamond 5.0 is free-of-charge for all customers who own a license for Diamond 4.
You can download the new version from our Diamond Download Area.
Note: If you installed the Diamond 5 Preview version, you should first uninstall this preview version.
Otherwise the installation of the release version will fail.
People who are not yet customers of Diamond can download a demonstration version.
For purchase options please visit our Diamond Sales Page.