Diamond 5.0 Preview available
April 28, 2023
A preview to the upcoming version 5 of Diamond has been released on April 28, 2023 and can be downloaded for testing.
The most prominent improvements and new functions are:
- The Exploration view, where you can check and change the bonding spheres as well as spheres for non-bonding contacts and H-bonds in a special interactive way.
- New commands Take Picture and Continue With New Picture for an improved workflow when creating multiple pictures for a structure data set.
- More Pictures docking window and Caption Bar to complement the navigation in a document with multiple pictures.
- The Take Image command for taking single images (snapshots) and drop them into the image buffer and save them later or create a video sequence from.
- A tool to import Registry settings from version 4 into version 5.
- New file import and export commands to complement "Open" and "Save As".
- A new version of the Crystallography Open Database (COD).
For more details, see What's New in Diamond Version 5.
You find the version 5.0 preview installer on our Diamond 5.0 Preview Download page.
The actual release of version 5.0 will follow in the 3rd quarter of 2023. The update to Diamond 5.0 will be free-of-charge for all customers who own a license for Diamond 4.
Diamond Demo Version and Information
If you would like to learn more about Diamond, please visit the corresponding web page
where you can also download a demonstration version of the official version 4.x free-of-charge.