New Match! version 3.13 (Build 227)
March 14, 2022
We have just released the new version 3.13 (Build 227) of Match!, our software for phase analysis using powder diffraction data. The new version is basically a maintenance release, offering one improvement as well as fixes for all currently known bugs.
Here is the full list of improvements in the new version:
- The search-match based on marked peaks has been improved.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- Due to a bug, the quantitative analysis results when using the reference intensity ratio (RIR) method could be inconsistent, e.g. when first unselecting and then re-selecting the same phase in the match list.
- If the formula sum of a selected phase contained elements with non-integer stoichiometry, the calculated elemental composition was wrong, due to an error in the calculation of the molecular mass.
- A bug has been fixed due to which loading a Match! document file that was saved after an unsuccessful Rietveld refinement trial caused Match! to crash.
- In the "Experimental patterns" window it was not possible to subtract (or add) the upper-most pattern to the one below (nothing happened after marking the pattern and clicking on the corresponding button).
- An inconsistency regarding the Rietveld option settings has been resolved.
- The range of the automatic determination of 2theta errors has been increased.
- A bug that might have caused Match! to display an error message "Unable to access your reference database" when selecting entries as "matching" in certain circumstances has been fixed.
- Some minor bugs have also been fixed.
Match! version 3 users should check their update permission time (e.g. in "Help / About Match!") and then
download and install the new version 3.13 Build 227 from here.
Match! Demo Version and Information
If you are new to Match! and would like to learn more about it, please
visit the Match! web page.
where you can also download a full-featured (time-limited) demonstration version free-of-charge.