New Match! version 3.6.1
March 1, 2018
Today, a new Match! version 3.6.1 has become available. The new version is basically a maintenance release that provides
some minor improvements along with fixes for all currently known bugs.
In detail, the following new functions and bug fixes have been implemented:
- Refinement of atomic coordinates has been removed from the automatic Rietveld refinement
schedule due to frequent convergence problems.
- When running indexing calculations with Dicvol, the "monoclinic" crystal system option is
now active by default in the "Dicvol parameters" dialog (not in macOS version yet).
Note that you also have to download and install the most recent January/February 2018
version of FullProf for this! The Dicvol version included in older versions of FullProf
will not work if the "monoclinic" indexing option is active in Match!.
- You can now display the reference database library also by clicking on the database label in
the status bar at the bottom of the Match! window.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- A bug affecting the printing of the report using the menu command "File/Print/Report" has been fixed.
- Due to a bug, the Dicvol result file was not read correctly in some cases, causing
invalid peak correlation information in the table of peak data (indexing results dialog).
- The peak intensities copied from indexing into a new manual entry in the match list were
not shown (and could not be edited) in the "Edit manual entry data" dialog.
- Some bugs affecting the calculation of profile data from imported peak list data have been resolved.
- It was not possible to exclude pattern ranges if e.g. the left border of the selected
range was too close to zero degrees 2theta.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed.
Match! version 3 users should
download and install the new version 184.108.40.206 from here. Windows and
Linux users should also download and install the most recent January/February 2018
version of FullProf.
Match! Demo Version and Information
If you are new to Match! and would like to learn more about it, please
visit the Match! web page.
where you can also download a full-featured (time-limited) demonstration version free-of-charge.