New Diamond Version 4.2.2
August 2, 2016
A minor update 4.2.2 of "Diamond", our software for crystal and molecular
structure visualization, has just become available. This new version offers some minor improvements
as well as several bug fixes.
- Commands added to delete all planes and lines, rsp. without the need to open the
table of planes/lines and select planes/lines first (main menu: "Objects/Planes"
and "Objects/Lines" sub-menu, rsp. as well as context menu of tables).
- The "Edit/Select in Table" command now marks the L.S. plane in the table of planes
associated with the currently selected atom(s). (The same is for L.S. lines.)
- Command to select constituent atoms of a L.S. plane/line in the structure picture
(context menu of table of planes/lines).
- "Edit/Grab mode": When grabbing an atom or bond, Diamond could crash. Or after a
while doing rotation, the picture could disappear (because the orientation matrix
got invalid values).
- The "Build/Molecules/Find Molecule" command also considered (but should not) polymer
- Several bugs in the "Thumbnails preview" (multiple pictures in a document) when
deleting one or more pictures repaired.
- The context menu showed wrong commands when right-clicking in Picture Tab Bar (above
picture) or Picture Link Bar (below picture), amongst them the command to delete
a picture (which should not be available in that context).
- Trying to open a picture from the "Recent Pictures" window (cf. "View/Recent Pictures"
command) could cause an abnormal termination of Diamond, if the file did not more
- The command "View/Recent Picture" did not work after you closed a document and opened
a 2nd, 3rd etc. document during the same Diamond session (blank sub-menu as well
as icon in toolbar not enabled).
- When adding a new column (using Table Settings dialog), in one of the tables available
via "View/Table" sub-menu, this column had (almost) zero width. So you had to drag
the header to get a reasonable width.
Diamond version 4 customers should use the online update function (menu "Help/Online update") or check the "Diamond Version 4 Update Page"
for alternative update choices.
Diamond Demo Version and Information
If you would like to learn more about Diamond, please visit the corresponding web page
where you can also download a demonstration version free-of-charge.