New Match! version 3.15 (Build 270)
July 20, 2023
The new Match! version 3.15 Build 270 offers an improved background handling as well as some other enhancements and bug fixes.
Here is the full list of improvements in the new version:
- New menu command "Pattern / Background / "Set background to zero" resets the background curve to a straight line at zero intensity.
- New menu command "Pattern / Background / Two points" resets the background curve to simply connect the left and the right-most data point.
- Using the new raw data processing option "Background determination" you can select how Match! shall define the background e.g. after importing raw diffraction data. Available options are "Set to zero", "Two points" or "Determine automatically" (application of the Sonnefeld-Visser method).
- Match! has been verified to work with all upcoming 2024 versions of the ICDD PDF databases.
- The peak searching has been slightly improved.
- Some first video snippets (i.e. short demonstration videos) have become available on a new web page. New video snippets will be published frequently.
- In the batch script command "export_profile_data_2theta_I(filename, wavelength)" you can now omit the second parameter "wavelength". In this case, Match! will use the current experimental pattern's wavelength or (if this is not available) the default wavelength.
- A bug affecting the reading of the profile resulting from Rietveld refinement has been fixed, sometimes causing a zero intensity Rietveld profile for a certain range of the diffraction pattern.
- A few minor bugs have been fixed.
Match! version 3 users should check their update permission time (e.g. in "Help / About Match!") and then
download and install the new version from here.
Match! Demo Version and Information
If you are new to Match! and would like to learn more about it, please
visit the Match! web page.
where you can also download a full-featured (time-limited) demonstration version free-of-charge.