New Match! version 3.8.0
April 12, 2019
Today, a new Match! version 3.8.0 has become available.
The new version provides more restraining facilities like pressure, temperature or strong lines, in addition to some minor improvements and bug fixes.
In detail, the following new functions and bug fixes have been implemented:
- New Restraints and "additional entries" selection criteria: strong lines, pressure, temperature
- New menu command "Search / Strongest lines (Hanawalt)" (also available with new keyboard short <Ctrl+H>)
- New options on "Graphics" tab of the "Options" dialog: You can now toggle the display of the peaks of candidate list ("reference") entries as well as match list entries separately.
- New option on "Batch" tab of the "Options" dialog: If the wavelength is not given in an imported diffraction data file and the option "When importing, use default wavelength if information is missing in the file" is active, the default wavelength (as defined on the "General" tab) will be used automatically (instead of asking the user).
- The current status of the profile fitting options "fit peak position", "fit intensity" and "fit FWHM" is now stored in the Match! document.
- The XRDML import function has been modified.
- New COD reference database release REV214414 (29.03.2019)
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- Due to a bug, the user level settings (tab "Batch" of the "Options" dialog) were not saved and restored correctly to/from a file when using the "Tools/Export settings to file" and "Tools/Import settings from file" commands.
- A bug due to which the calculated profile was much too low when importing peak data using the menu command "Peaks / Import from file" has been resolved.
- When adding peaks manually, the intensity sometimes was detected much too low.
- In data sheets, the copying of selected text is now possible again.
- In certain circumstances, the peak data and pattern graphics in data sheets could deviate significantly from the main peak list and pattern graphics. The reason was a bug when reading the isotropic displacement parameters of the atoms from the database.
- A bug caused severe issues when deleting entries from the reference database, e.g. inconsistencies and even crashes of the program.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed as well.
Match! version 3 users should
download and install the new version 18.104.22.168 from here.
You may have noticed that the new version is only available for 4 different operating systems,
while previous versions have been available for 6 of them. The background is that we have
united the two Windows 32-bit versions because of simplicity, with the new 32-bit version
being able to run from Windows XP to 10. The Linux 32-bit version has been dropped because
we have the impression that most Linux users are running the 64-bit version by now.
Match! Demo Version and Information
If you are new to Match! and would like to learn more about it, please
visit the Match! web page.
where you can also download a full-featured (time-limited) demonstration version free-of-charge.