New Match! version 3.6.0
January 17, 2018
A new Match! version 3.6.0 has just been released, providing a significantly improved peak searching and
background determination, along with several more enhancements.
In detail, the following new functions and bug fixes have been implemented:
- Peak searching is much faster and more accurate by now. Remember that you can quickly
adjust the peak searching sensitivity, simply by pressing F2 (increase) or F3 (decrease),
after which a new peak searching with the updated sensitivity will be run immediately.
- Background determination has been improved: You can now adjust the flexibility of the
automatically determined background by pressing Ctrl+F2 (increase) or Ctrl+F3 (decrease).
- The background curve is now displayed by default (can be turned off in the Graphics-options).
- New command "Peaks/Add as restraint(s)" searches for (accepts only) entries that contain
peaks at positions close to the marked peaks (see restraint "Peaks/Ranges").
- Indexing using Treor has been improved, b yactivating the Treor option "IDIV=1" (adjustment
of the 7 first lines by higher order lines).
- When displaying multiple experimental patterns at reduced pattern distance, the legend
of the lower patterns is also displayed at the top (right below the one of the top-most pattern).
- PDF subset files (*.sub, *.sea) can now be imported as an alternative to Match! answer set
files (*.mta), e.g. as selection criteria on the "References" tab of the "Restraints" tab,
or when running the "Import predefined selection" command in the match list.
- The parameter "minimum relative intensity for peak correlation" (both on the Search-Match as
well as the Indexing tab of the Options dialog) can now also be used to define a minimum
intensity for the automatic selection of peaks for indexing.
- Several bugs have been fixed, most of them affecting indexing:
- Indexing was not available if only peak data but no raw/profile data were present.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed as well.
Match! version 3 users should
download and install the new version 22.214.171.124 from here.
Match! Demo Version and Information
If you are new to Match! and would like to learn more about it, please
visit the Match! web page.
where you can also download a full-featured (time-limited) demonstration version free-of-charge.