New Diamond Version 4.4.1
September 11, 2017
A minor update 4.4.1 of "Diamond", our software for crystal and molecular
structure visualization, has just become available. This new version offers a minor improvement and several bug fixes:
- The command "File/Save As/Save Graphics As..." now shows a dialog, if you choose a bitmap format (BMP, TIFF, JPG etc.), where you can choose an alternative bitmap width and height as well as can change the background color or draw a frame around the bitmap.
- With "Transparent" option active ("Picture/Layout", "Background" page), saving a bitmap could lead to dark or black transparent objects, e.g. transparent polyhedron faces.
- Memory leaks with "Transparent" option active and/or anti-aliasing option active, leading to "Out of memory" error in Diamond when saving multiple images.
- Automatic determination of molecular units or polymeric parts from atomic parameter list could Diamond hang up when reading a document file or importing a CIF file.
- Some minor bugs with space group setting recognition as well as with publication year in "Bibliographic Data" dialog.
Diamond version 4 customers should use the online update function (menu "Help/Online update") or check the "Diamond Version 4 Update Page"
for alternative update choices.
Diamond Demo Version and Information
If you would like to learn more about Diamond, please visit the corresponding web page
where you can also download a demonstration version free-of-charge.