New Diamond Version 4.0.5
September 12, 2015
A maintenance release 4.0.5 of "Diamond", our software for crystal and molecular
structure visualization, has just become available. In this new version some minor
enhancements have been done and several bugs have been fixed:
- The "Atom list" now also shows a context menu when clicking into a group header.
- Diffraction diagram: Escape key now ends "tracking mode".
- Definition of an axis through two atoms (in order to define the viewing direction)
has been improved.
- Missing status bar informations have been added for several building operations.
- "Properties view" now shows additional information:
(1) about the selected bonding object, if the "bond" is not a real bond but a contact
or H-bond and/or broken-off,
(2) distance informations between center and vertexes of a Voronoi polyhedron.
- Dialog "Structure/Symmetry":
(1) Previous search items are now stored for later calls,
(2) the table of matching space groups is sorted.
- Several bugs have been resolved:
For more details, read the "Known Bugs" page.
- Crash on some Windows 10 computers when clicking into the table in the right
- Copying (of selected) and subsequent pasting of atoms and bonds as well as subsequent
rotating and shifting of the pasted fragment in the destination picture.
- Copying and pasting of pictures and structure data sets.
- "Undo" and "Redo" for "Structure/Separate Structure" and "View/Color Coding".
- Expansion of selection of a molecule.
- Display of back parts of cones of unit cell axes a, b, c.
- Zooming in diffraction diagram.
Diamond version 4 customers should use the online update function (menu "Help/Online update") or check the "Diamond Version 4 Update Page"
for alternative update choices.
Diamond Demo Version and Information
If you would like to learn more about Diamond, please visit the corresponding web page
where you can also download a demonstration version free-of-charge.